According to AgeCommunity these are the bug fixes included in the patches 1.01 to 1.03:
- Patch 1.03 - Hotfix to Matchmaking
Fixed an issue where a game would be cancelled and all players given a Failed to join message when two routers that could not communicate joined the same game.
- Patch 1.02 - Hotkeys, Large Maps and numerous bug fixes
- New hotkey editor added to the game
- New large map set.
- 5 new large versions of popular maps have been added.
- Fixed a sound crash issue.
- Fixed a bug with sound being choppy
- Fixed some performance issues with boat battles.
- Fixed a D3D initialization error when launching the game.
- Fixed a bug where the auto-patcher text was impossible to read.
- Fixed an bug where disconnecting a player would lock up the game.
- Switching home cities unchecks all players.
- Quick search now uses the Standard Map set.
- Fixed an issue where a user would get in a state that they could not host or join a game.
- Fixed a number of multiplayer exploits.
- New ESO privacy.
- Updated a number of error and user messages.
- Allow users to turn off enter/left chat messages on ESO.
- New user.cfg commands to assist with router and direct IP issues.
Before installing these patches see what version you have installed. To find out what version of Age of Empires III is currently installed, click on the Help and Tools button from the main game menu and then the About button. The game version will be listed at the top of the screen.
Depending on what version you have installed you should download one of the following patches: